Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Comcast...sucks!

I saw a plane flying above my town the other day, trailing a banner that says "FIOS IS HERE!!!" - so I biked home as fast as I could, only to find out that Verizon lies. Fios is NOT here yet. Apparently the plane was just turning around or heading to the airport or something. The bastards. such a tease!

So I've bit the bullet, and I broke down & ordered DVR from comcast... like I don't give them enough of my money every month, right? What's another $15? I ordered it last week. And had to schedule an installation appointment, which means I had to wait a week before I could actually enjoy it. They couldn't just send me the stupid box, right? I'm very good at plugging things in - especially when I am unplugging one thing and swapping it with something very similar. I mean, with two science degrees in the house, you'd think we'd be capable... but then, I guess, comcast wouldn't get their 'installation fee'

So I'm now 1.75 hours into my 2 hour installation window. I'm sure they'll call me at 4pm, an hour after the end of the service window (1-3pm) to tell me they wont be able to make. At which point I'll have wasted an entire day for them not to show up. How do I know? It's happened before.

And I think when that happens, I'll tell them to keep it. And explain that I've lost hours of productivity waiting around for them to blow me off, so I'm not interested in giving them any more money. And then I'll tell them that as soon as FIOS shows up, Comcast is getting the Axe. And then I'll tell them that in the mean time, I'm getting a Tivo.

15 minutes left, guys...

No comments: