Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Whole-y Wheat!

I went grocery shopping today. I don't do it often, but I broke down and went. Mostly veggies.

And you know what? I was out of whole wheat flour, so I had to buy some. $5.19 for a 5 lb bag of whole wheat flour. I sure wish Costco sold giant bags of whole wheat flour, but they don't - at least mine doesn't.

I'm not going to rant and rave - at least, at this point, I can afford flour that expensive without really noticing. But I know there are a lot of people out there who can't. Instead of buying whole wheat flour, they'll switch to the less nutritious kind (the bleached white flour). They'll have to start buying more of the cheapest stuff in the store, which is the least nutritious stuff. It's scary. Our society will be forced to survive on spaghettios and corn chips.

We are in for some really rough weather folks. I joke about it, but that's just because it's too scary NOT to joke.

No comments: