Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update: Giant Trucks

After posting yesterday, I thought I might as well copy the State Police on some of it in email form & send it on to them (seemed to be better than just complaining). 18 hours later, this is the reply I received:

Good Morning:

My name is Captain Wicks, I am employed by the Mass State Police and I command the Traffic Programs Section. Mr. Chipman was kind enough to forward your concerns to me about truck traffic on Rte-290. I wish to thank you for this advisory and to tell you what I have done about this serious issue. I have contact the Troop C enforcement team, known as the CAT Team and asked them to conduct speed enforcement on Rte-290 west, between Berlin and Shrewsbury, focusing on speeding trucks and those displaying aggressive driving behavior.

Again thank you for contacting us with this important issue and please feel free to contact me if you do not see improvement.

Seems as though I've done what I can do. It's better than sitting on my couch & complaining. Let's hope that a) this actually happens and b) it's effective. If nothing else, maybe the state will make a little money (not off of me, though).


I love the internet.

No comments: