Monday, January 15, 2007

Yet another 2 month pass...


My excuse is the holidays. They just suck the life out of me. Spent Thanksgiving in Washington State (the only real snow I've seen this winter to date...), and Christmas & New Years on the North Shore of Oahu. Lots of long plane trips. It was good though.

Hit a flat spot in the shooting. Maybe its the lack of light & all the rain here in New England. I'm just kind of rolling along. A reactive type existence... someone pokes me, I move. Although I did manage to spend a whopping 2 hours in the gym today. I discovered the steam room - it came right after the hot tub and just before the sauna. It was a good day.

I did get some neat waterfall shots while in Washington... on film, which I've printed, and scanned while my old crappy scanner was on its last legs (I killed it...new & improved one should be here by next weekend). In the mean time, this is what I have so far:




So while in Washington, we went to a Japanese garden, as usual. The one we visited this year was called "Kubota Garden" in Seattle. It was cold. It was rainy. It was Seattle at Thanksgiving.

I was going to add another print here, but the photo button seems to be broken... maybe later...

The good news is that I have finally learned my lesson, and I am trying to scan all my 'keep-able' prints before I don anything else with them (like frame them and give them away)... its a lot easier to share that way. So when the technology stars are finally aligned, I'll be back to post some more... Although the Hawaii stuff isn't ready to go yet, as I've been really slow in the studio as of late.

In the mean time a few exciting highlights from our Washington trip:
  • People in Seattle can't drive in the snow, even when they go looking for it on purpose.
  • A chest freezer can hold an awful lot of whole salmon
  • It takes a long time to smoke salmon...especially if your smoker is on the fritz
  • Sake (or at least a couple of bottles of it) is best when shared with the in-laws...



No comments: