Friday, January 26, 2007

Winter Came!

It arrived, finally. It was negative 0.5 degrees this morning. Its now all the way up to 13 degrees. I haven't drank anything cold today.

Its funny what cold weather does to people, at least here in the Northeast. While I haven't been able to find time to do these house projects I've been wanting to do - like replacing the carpet in one room with a cork floor, and painting the room at the same time- suddenly, it seems like 'nesting' is THE most important thing I could do. Maybe its because its productive, yet I don't have to leave the house.

My version of nesting is a bit different. It involves pry bars and skinned knuckles... but to each his (or her) own. I've managed to remove all the carpet & padding, and almost all of the trim work. Now I can 1) patch the walls, 2) paint and then 2) put the flooring in. I hope to have a new room to play with by the end of the month. The yoga room, which will double as a studio of sorts. It should be a pretty neat space.

And in between bouts of the lovely creaky noise of forcing nails out of their proper place, I've had time to work, read, reflect, and learn to knit. I love winter just for weeks like this.

No comments: