Friday, January 19, 2007

"ki" saw an add in the paper for the Harvard Extension School for a Master of Liberal Arts in Environmental Management. Ahh, the idea of going back to school. So terrifying, in a way, although I'm sure I'd love it.

Maybe this isn't such a bad idea... I'd have 5 years to complete the degree... 4 required courses (3 of which are online courses), 5 electives (there is a whole long list of them, half of them are online, but the electives I choose will determine a LOT about the direction my career takes, so I'm not sure that what I will want to do will be online), and a masters thesis (scary, but not too scary). I'm sure I can do this. I'm pretty sure I can get in, given my undergrad performance and my work experience (both are required).

Its funny. I used to say I wanted to work for a few years, and then go back and get my masters. Then I forgot about it. Then I didn't want to, and now, suddenly, its not scary, and its not impossible, and it makes sense. Luckily, the next information session isn't until June, so I don't have to rush it. I might have to put photography on hold for a little while, because I might want to keep working. Or not. does it really matter? If most of the classes are online, I might be just fine.

Maybe its just time. I'll sit on it for a little while and see what happens.

No comments: