Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Voting Day! (updated)

For those of us who are in whatever congressional district (5th?) has a vacant seat in congress, today is voting day. And while I don't necessarily care, I know I should. I'll vote anyway.

Roland S. Martin (whoever that guy is) has posted a brilliant article on CNN's website. It should have been called "you should care, damnit - otherwise you're an idiot". Downside: nowhere in there does he mention the climate & energy issues facing us. But it's a start. Mr. Martin has a radio show on WVON - an AM talk radio station in Chicago - from 6-9 a.m. Monday thru Friday. They stream via internet. I think I'll give a listen next week (apparently, he's out this week). He might just have a clue. And people with a clue are somewhat hard to find.

UPDATE: got this email from the Town this evening after the polls closed:

STATE ELECTION Special 10/12/2007

Total voting: 844
Total registered voters: 3056
Percent voting: 27.6%

REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS

Jim Ogonowski 382
Nicola S. Tsongas 404
Kurt Hayes 40
Patrick O. Murphy 12
Kevin J. Thompson 6
Blanks 0
Write-ins 0




That means that 27.6% of the people in my town voted. My husband & I consisted of 0.1% of the total vote. That just seems WRONG.

Come on, people, they had FREE CANDY there! And there was certainly no line...

No comments: