Friday, July 28, 2006

Its been a month

So its been OVER a month, really, since I had anything useful to say. For those of your keeping track (which is few, if any, I know :) ): I've had a birthday. not a milestone birthday, not by any means, but its the first time i've actually noticed I'm getting older. Maybe because this is the year when life actually STARTS and the limbo is over (for me personally - not normal by any stretch of the immagination).

This week, I've had adventures in endurance sports. On monday, I rode my first metric century (62 miles...on a bike)- my longest ride ever. not a huge deal, but its a start. 'longest ride ever' really has a special ring to it. On Thursday, I ran about 4.5 miles. again, not a huge deal, but the second longest run I've ever done. with both of these 'events', it was just something I went and did, with very little forethought or planning- just happened. I think subconsciously, this is my retaliation against 'getting old' - and i am no where near old yet.

---

I went to Decordova, a local art museum, and discovered I inadvertantly stole my blog title from them. I don't remember reading it on their website, but there it was 'Sense of Place' - an exhibit - so I must have seen it at some time and not recognized it when I spewed it out later on. I like the title, obviously, but I guess it will have to go. damnit.

After viewing their sculpture park, it occurred to me that I have a yard deeply in need of some sculptural help. I have some really neat stuff lying around (as any packrat would), and so I have some ambitious yard-sculpture plans in the making. Something that is, at least initially, shiny and will reflect light or at the very least make moving shadows for the dog to chase. I have NO idea what I am getting into, but if anyone has an old bicycle lying around that they would like to donate, by all means- let me know. hopefully, it'll make noise as well as shadows/reflections. we'll see. a toy for the dog - mere eye candy. for the dog. naturally.

No comments: